Microsoft is said to be developing a cross-platform streaming game service that has been code named, “Xbox Smart Glass” and will be released as Xbox Live Companion. The streaming game console will allow for portable game access on a range of devices including Windows Phones, iOS and Android phones.
Xbox Smart Glass comes on the heels of the recent announcements related to Xbox Glasses and the Helmet as well as the rumors of the next generation Xbox coming with with a tablet controller like the new wii. An Xbox Tablet would make sense since Microsoft rarely innovates and most often mimics the best ideas in the market.
Smart Glass will these features:
- Will allow users to control their Xbox 360 remotely.
- Will be available cross platform on multiple operating systems including Windows, Windows Phone, Android and iOS. (Not Blackberry)
- Applications will be accessible through the Xbox Tablet. Such as Youtube/Netflix/Vemo ect.
- Live streaming ability through the tablet to the TV, desktop, lap top and other devices.
- A demo at E3 will be shown, but no live video will be featured
device, Microsoft, Video, windows phone, Xbox, xbox 360, xbox live