What a week! The Zune Markeplace editorial team got featured in the Seattle P-I. Readers expressed their firmware thoughts, then expressed their 1.3 update thoughts; NPD January numbers came out, I apologized to NYC; and a few people won the photo contest. But MP3 Friday (my most-read post) continues on:
- First up, Mars Needs Guitars drops four different MP3s from four different artists: Folksongs for the Afterlife, Longview, Big Star, and Imperial Teen. Nice!
- Aquarium Drunkard posts music from Patti Smith, Ryan Adams, and Galaxie 500
- You Ain’t No Picasso has the new Bears’ single (Cesar’s favorite this week)
- Reader “Lord Baker” points to a page where you can download the entire Infloential EP, adding:
“I was at their show last night at this little venue called Catâ€™s Cradle and they rocked the house! Toubab Krewe was the main act and had normal people acting crazy! I also saw some fellow Zune users. The social was pretty awesome last night J”
- Stereogum has an MP3 of Christopher O’Riley (classical pianist) covering Nick Drake
- Locksley, a Brooklyn band “on the up and up” rocks Cleveland.
- Rockinsider has music from Tom Brosseau and Foreign Born
- This week, Dodge has music from Chicago’s Magnolia Electric Co
- Notes from a Different Kitchen has a stream (not MP3 but as good as I can get right now) of the new MIMS single
- And last but not least, Scissorkick has a single “instrumental future pop” outfit Small Sails
Ok folks! Enjoy the music, thanks for commenting this week, and have a great weekend!MP3, Music, Zune